Put your contact info on both the INSIDE and OUTSIDE of your luggage.
Pack light: you will be moving from place to place and will need to carry whatever you bring. Depending on group size, space for luggage on our bus can also be limited.
- Passport and other important documents and copies
- Sunglasses and hat
- Shirts to work in
- Pants to get dirty
- Bug spray (mosquitoes and ants)
- Good walking shoes with tread (OK to get muddy/wet)
- Layers (tank, shirt, hoodie)
- Water bottle
- Backpack (something to bring to job site or on day trips)
- Bathing suit
- Snacks (easy to pack: granola bars or similar)
- Walking sandals or flip-flops
- 2-3 outfits to walk around in (e.g., tank and jeans, shorts and nice shirt)
- Camera or other way to document adventures!
- Toiletries (e.g., wet wipes, hand sanitizer, shampoo/conditioner, hairbrush, lotion, soap)
- Undergarments (bring extra; sports bras are useful for women)
- NOTE re: jewelry: keep to a minimum, nothing fancy
NOTE: Your hotels WILL provide the following:
MEDICATIONS you might need:
- loperamide (Imodium)
- bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol)
- ibuprofen or other pain reliever
- ciprofloxacin (Cipro)
- acetaminophen/diphenhydramine/phenylephrine (Benadryl) or
- ranitidine (Zantac)
- calcium carbonate (Tums)
- dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)
- Sufficient supply of other medications you are taking
- Make sure your Tetanus is up to date.
- The CDC recommends Hepatitis A and typhoid vaccines.